HUGE WIN ON LABOR STANDARDS IN BROADBAND FUNDING
We fought hard to ensure that the $1.6 Billion in state and federal funding for broadband buildout includes strong labor standards like:
- Prevailing wage so that good union employers, like ours, don’t get undercut by low-road subcontractors
- Preference for companies that have strong workplace safety standards
- Qualifications so the companies our members work for get this funding
- Prioritizing providers that offer speeds of 1GB up and down
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR HOSPITAL FUNDING TO SUPPORT HEALTHCARE WORKERS
We'll need to keep pushing to ensure our hospitals get a fair share of this funding!
FULL FUNDING FOR THE CUNY SCHOOL OF LABOR & URBAN STUDIES
The school is dedicated to expanding higher education opportunities for workers and developing the next generation of labor and community leaders.
These victories are huge and will greatly improve our members' lives - and we wouldn't have accomplished any of them without months of hard work by CWAers throughout New York!
Over the past two months, our members have done:
- 206 Meetings with Legislators
- 1,092 Emails to the assembly & Senate
- 778 Emails to the Governor
This is what worker power looks like! This is what political union power looks like!