Big Wins at the Bargaining Table
Local 1180 - National Domestic Workers Alliance
CWA Local 1180 members at the National Domestic Workers Alliance voted unanimously on August 9th to ratify their first CWA contract!
After first beginning the organizing process two years ago, NWDA workers have been mobilizing both virtually and in person to build power, and ramped it up during contract negotiations. Their hard work paid off with a first contract that includes big improvements such as significant wage raises, disability and retirement benefits, the addition/expansion of several types of leave, a progressive remote work policy, language providing support for workers who are going through the immigration process, and more.
Local 1080 - Union County Department Of Social Services
After two years of bargaining and strong mobilization by the membership, CWA Local 1080 members at the Union County Department Of Social Services ratified their contract on August 17th!
Highlights of the new agreement, running through the end of 2024, include:
- Two percent wage increases each year, plus one percent for 7/1/2024-12/31/2024
- One percent increase of the maxed out/top step for the majority of titles each year of the contract
- Healthcare contribution rebates for 2021 (of the difference between 2021 contributions and 1.5% of salary)
- Healthcare contributions frozen at the 2020 rates for the duration of the contract
- Flexible schedule added
- "Quiet Room" made available for workers personal use
- Juneteenth added as a paid holiday.
Local 1080 gave no concessions, keeping the "no give-backs" promise to the membership!
New Jersey State Workers Rally, Win Agreement to Defray Massive Healthcare Premium Hikes, Fight Continues for Local Government Workers